Sunday, November 27, 2011

Finally, it is the end of a grueling semester! :DDDD

Had a tough week. Struggled in the midst of my exams. But I am really glad I fought and survived. The outcome will not be that desirable but at least I know I managed to overcome my insomnia (though not entirely) and negative thoughts then.

Anyway first day into my holiday; feeling a little empty ironically. Did pretty much nothing after my morning paper yesterday - nua-ed on my bed, watched TV & surfed the net excessively, caught up on Naruto, and tidied my wardrobe. But life's good, just that I need to find and do some things that are more fulfilling. And probably I need to adjust to the having-too-much-time-on-hand kind of life as well. Hehe.

Honestly, even though I had my Year 2 Sem 2 and Year 3 Sem 1 in a year, it didn't feel like a year at all. It felt more like 2 different but equally exhausting years. It was as though I have been through SO much within a semester. LOL. What I can say is that, Year 3 is definitely no easy feat. I read through my past entries weeks ago and as usual/expected, I complained a lot about the heavy workload and hectic school life. But seriously, I gotta admit that these 6 months had been the worst. Hardly had a breather, especially after recess week and towards the end of the semester, with all kinds of projects, quizzes and presentations looming in. And it was like my first time sleeping at around 2am or so due to projects for a few consecutive days (don't judge, different people have different sleeping patterns). But I guess I can foresee more of this in the coming years. No complaints this time; just gotta accept it and learn to manage my time and priorities better.

2011 has been a significant year for me and most of my friends, for it's the year we all turn 21. Other than attending many grand birthday parties and having one for myself too, everything seems the same for me actually. But of course, I have seen, learnt, realized and experienced many different things. Too many for me to write down or to recall exactly. But all these definitely altered the way I handle and look at things. Hopefully I have grown to be somebody worthy of the age '21' and I hope people around feel the same way too. Haha.

Some groups of friends stood out in my life at certain point of time, while others took a back seat temporary then. All still occupy an important spot in my heart though. (: Need to catch up with them all soon! A couple of them will be leaving Singapore next year. Some for a short while, some for quite some time. Really can feel my heart sinking somehow. ))): Very 不舍得!!! Never mind, just gotta make full use of whatever time we have together!

Gonna start the new year in a different place - HONG KONG! Not exactly on 1st Jan, but on the 2nd! AHHHH kinda excited about the trip though. But actually, in a tiny corner of my heart, I ain't looking forward to it due to some HR matters. Hmmm...... Hope we can resolve it during this trip as the problem has been there for like 2 years already, since my university life started. Yes, I have decided to take the initiative, just that I have to find a chance to do so...

Okay, so much for my end-of-year reflection post. Anyway, here is my favourite quote-of-the-year:



Till then, people! (;

No comments: