Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Alright, finally found some time (and got out of my laziness, hehe) to blog about the happenings in 2010.

2010 in a nutshell

January - Year 1 Sem 2 started on 11 Jan. // School + tuition + occasional meetups with friends for dinner, movies and Kbox. // Scratched a car while parking in NTU's carpark near Cant B. It was really terrible and I remembered myself shaking like mad after it happened. But luckily I confessed, met up with the owner (who happens to be working in NBS as some director) and made necessary compensation. Everything ended on a good note. // Stepped into Kovan with my brother for the very first time. OMG. I felt as if I was in a different country. LOL. Less than 5 people walking on the streets but plenty of cars on the roads. // First Novices (fencing) competition at Clementi stadium. // First concert (Amei aka Amit!) at Singapore Indoor Stadium with Joozhi! Bought the tickets with my own money - $168. Totally worthed it! Great and cool experience.

February - Chinese New Year from 13 Feb-16 Feb. // School + tuition + occasional meetups with friends for dinner, movies and Kbox. // Quarreled with my mum; this had to be the worst fight ever between me, my sis and my mum. For me, the cold war lasted for a week. I was really emo, crying for no reasons for 2-3 days. I did try to talk to mum & all during that one week and it felt really terrible to be ignored. Luckily my persistence paid off and my mum gave in. Things weren't good at all for my sis and my mum as both of them were really stubborn. Their cold war lasted for 3 months I think and the whole family kept putting in good words for them from time to time. Luckily everything is okay now and we are very glad.

March - Recess week from 1 Mar-7 Mar. // School + tuition + occasional meetups with friends for dinner, movies and Kbox. // Went to Yumin's and Manhua's hall (even on a Sunday) for HW111 Oral Presentation, but it was really fun. Nice working with the girls too!

April - School + tuition + occasional meetups with friends for dinner, movies and Kbox. // 4E2 gathering at Settlers! It was really a great one, better than I expected! Things weren't that awkward for people whom I haven't seen for months or years. Love to have more class gatherings. // Final exams. Insomia again. Slept beside my grandma. I did had a good sleep for 1 or 2 night(s) but insomia was there to hunt me for most of the nights. The worst one was that I laid on bed from 10pm-6am, widely awake all night. And the very next day I had to survive 2 papers. -.- Anyway, I insist in popping doctor prescribed pills right before major exams so as to curb the insomia. Only for exam use. Don't stop me or call me crazy.

May - Holiday! // Job interviews + tuition + occasional meetups with friends for shopping, chilling, kite-flying, dinner, movies and Kbox. // Down with fever, flu and sore throat in mid May. // Landed with a job at Sembawang Shipyard. // Release of Year 1 Sem 2 results. // First guitar lesson at Angela's house but only lasted for 2 weeks. No determination and commitment I guess. ): Learnt how to play the chords of 关怀方式though.

June - Work. It was an honor to work with the Americans. A whole new experience for me but I feel that I should have more confidence in myself and interacted more. // Tuition + occasional meetups with friends for shopping, dinner, movies and Kbox. // Pri sch clique outing at Teoheng. // Finally decided to sign up for vocal lessons at Focus Music, with Wills and Weebing. Felt good to be pursuing my passion in life. I know I will never regret this decision. // Cousin's wedding at Trader's hotel.

July - Work + tuition + vocal lessons + occasional meetups with friends for shopping, dinner and Kbox. // Joined my bosses at their apartments for BBQ to celebrate America's Independent Day. // Turned 20 and my mum bought ITouch. // Fencing's 1st Kbox outing and dinner. // 1707's 4th birthday at Holland V Crystal Jade. // 4E2 gathering at Marina Barrage. // Drove to many places this month, including my music school (at Chinatown) and different people's houses. Good practice for me.

August - Work + tuition + vocal lessons + occasional meetups with friends for shopping, chilling, dinner, movies and Kbox. // Last day of work on 20 Aug and had company dinner at Brazilian Fiesta. Fantastic food! Received flowers, $150 worth of F21 vouchers (!!!) and took lots of pictures. Miss them all! // First day of Year 2 Sem 1 on 30 Aug.

September - School + tuition + vocal lessons + occasional meetups with friends for lunch in NTU, dinner and Kbox. // Went for 神木与童's campus concert. Got lucky and received tickets for their mini concert at Shanghai Dolly. // Fencing competition at NUS.

October - School + tuition + vocal lessons + occasional meetups with friends for lunch in NTU and dinner. // CF's gathering with some of the guys at Holland V Crystal Jade. // Joined Economics Society's networking session at Playnation for the first time. Quite fun and better than expected. // Went for Shaun's OCS Social Night. Shaun said it was a 'twist' as I was the one driving him to and fro. Haha. // First studio recording! // Fencing BBQ (my batch's) at Chenchen's house. Great bonding session. // Recorded Madgang's speech for Shona's birthday. Sent CD and S'pore goodies via post to Canada! // Got to know more course mates - Am, Lydia, Rac, Wini, Yinghua, Albin, Jon, Tianhao and Weiren. Had dinner at Timbre. // Mad rush to meet project deadlines at end of Oct.

November - School + tuition + vocal lessons + occasional meetups with friends for dinner. // Mad rush to meet project deadlines at start of Nov. // Mugging sessions with friends. I used to believe that studying outside and with friends are huge distractions and do no good to me. But now, my viewpoint has changed and I enjoyed studying with my friends, esp my course mates. They've made my mugging days a whole lot better! // Economics Society's seminar at Suntec Convention Centre. // Preparation + Impressario Campus Audition! First singing audition (on my own) in my life! I feel that the preparation and delivery process is what matters to me. It's not about how others see or judge you, I guess it's all about giving your best shot and not let yourself down. Wonderful experience.

December - Final exams. // Holiday! // Tuition + vocal lessons + enjoying life with myself and friends. // Xmas celebration with course mates and epeeists. // Kbox with Huimin & Wanqing + playing with wq's cute nephew Ruirui. // Seeing friends losing their closest kins, nothing but heartache. // Countdown celebration with CF's at 15 Minutes Cafe and Khaiting's hall. 16 out of 17 girls! Had a lot of fun as usual and slept less than 1 hour that night!

I guess these sum up my entire 2010. I am really glad I have utilized the scheduler I've bought. Though it's quite saddening to rmb what happened only when you read what you've written down or look at the photographs, it's better than nothing right. Haha. Feel so accomplished now though I gotta admit I kinda lost stamina for a while after Sept. Haha.

2010 has been a great year for me. I have been experiencing wonderful and new things, which made me grow as a whole. I can never imagine myself communicating and working alongside with Americans, starting to discover what my passions are and working towards them, and finding pleasure and joy in things I do, even studying. I am very fortunate to be able to forge good friendships with my uni friends and even my vocal classmates. Though there are still a number of downturns in 2010 for me, I believe I'm still very blessed. Believe it or not, I am feeling happy even though I have been writing this post for 2 hours or more. I needa thank The Ones Above and my family for all the support and everything.

New Year Resolutions

Firstly, I want and need to be responsible for my words, actions and body. Turning 21 soon is no joke. I must think before I speak or do anything; I cannot be the impulsive kid I used to be. I must take care of myself, eat right and don't let myself fall sick (esp sore throat) that often. Next, I must contribute to the society. I don't mean economically like spending money. LOL. I wanna help the needy but from a distance. Haha. My first step is to become a regular blood donor! Yet to do so as I'm feeling unwell these days. But I'm quite excited to become one. Hehe. Alright, next, I need to keep my temper and attitude in check. I tend to get a little impatient, esp towards my family. I need to take note of the way I talk too, my volume and tone. When I talk very loudly, I sounded pissed, but actually I'm NOT. I guess I'm just being drama (without me knowing). When I am REALLY pissed or angry, I won't talk and I may even cry. LOL. Last but not the least, I should be proactive. I admit I am a lazy person, I depend on others feeding me info and I always follow the flow. I guess I needa stand up and do smth on my own.

Yay, finally I have finished what I intended to blog about. 3 cheers for me! No crazy person should attempt to finish reading all these, but pat your own shoulders if you ever do so! Hahaha. First post of the year as well!

Anyway, to all those who happened to pass by: Embrace 2011 and may the new year may even more fulfiling! Live life to the fullest and be happy everyday! HAPPY 2011! :D

No comments: