Sunday, December 21, 2008

Okay I've finally gotten a job and it is not what I had expected!

I'm now working as an assistant to a personal assistant (sounds confusing), in short, a PA la.
Worked till 8pm everyday, except on my first day, which was until 6pm.
I really cannot remember what I did for the past five days.
Busy (I totally skipped lunch and dinner and only went to the toilet once yesterday!), stressed up, emotional and all.
What can I say, my boss is some big shot in the company and she is demanding.
Kept being 'scolded' by her 'cos I was not fast enough.
But it was like she asked me to check some global fund thing and handle whatever insurance or policy thing, which I have never come across in my eighteen years of life totally. Sigh.
Don't know la, I just know that after hanging up her call, I will roll my eyes for don't-know-what reason; it just comes through naturally.
My colleague just said that I came at the wrong time.
December is the busiest where any policies bought in the year, any amendments to any policies or whatsoever must be settled by this month.
So maybe I can shake leg in the office in January 2009? Hope so yah. Haha.

The most frustrating thing is that when I needed a job desperately, the agencies seemed to have lost my handphone number or what; they just didn't call me.
But when I was in the office for the last 5 days, 3 calls came in saying that they had found me a job.
Like WTH?
Maybe I should have waited, or maybe anywhere else is the same?
Hmm, maybe this stress can push me further and let me re-discover myself or something(sounds cliche).
But definitely, it is a very good experience to let me handle stress, work under stress & time constraint and work & think fast.
I think I'm still quite vulnerable.
Was on the verge of breaking down when I got to know that my colleague was on MC on thursday (which means I, a rookie that has only worked for 4 days, was left alone in the office) and after being 'scolded' by my boss through phone.
Think must let my boss say or scold me a few more times and let me be so immune to such comments that I will not take them by heart the next time.

I really missed school these few days.
Felt nostalgic while looking at Seventeen's and Odac's photo album.
The green is always greener on the other side.
When I was still studying, I dreaded it a lot and kept thinking to myself that working is so much better 'cos, needless to say, there is no tests or exams.
But right now, I am like having tests or exams every mintue.
Test my ability to work accurately & quickly, my skills to converse with people like doctors on the phone and work on things that is even harder than physics (haha)!
I'm also like facing the PC for more than 11 hours a day.
Though I get to sit in an office, I face nothing but 4 walls, papers, books.
How sad and miserable (pls do not rub salt on my wound anymore at this point of time. lol)
Sooner or later, I'll become a robot.
Maybe this kind of job doesn't suit me for I preferred the promoter job.
Though it does not require much skill, at least I do not need to multi-task and I get to know a lot more people.
I don't know, I really don't.
Maybe getting used to it is the key.

Woah, didn't realise I've written so much, okay, complained so much.
Time to indulge in Online Shopping, which I had not done for 5 days! OMG.
Oh yah, and I had not touched veggie for 4 days! OMG OMG.
And and and no proper dinner for 4 days as well! OMG OMG OMG.
So much for $66 per day. Lolol.

No comments: