Monday, August 13, 2007

I AM SORRY, PEOPLE!
It has been like an eon since I've updated and replied to tags.
Have been tied up with ODAC stuff; 2-Star Kayaking course last weekends and sea expedition on 090807 & 100807.

Firstly, congrats to most ODACians for being 2-Star Kayakers!
So glad that we've made it.
But I think I still need to brush up on my skills, big time. :p

Secondly, congrats for making it for the sea expedition!
All the way from Sembawang to Changi for Day 1 & Changi to Sembawang for Day 2!
16km (eh, I'm not very sure. ><) of kayaking for 2 consecutive days!
Super shiok la, though I sat on the power boat for an hour or so for Day 1 due to "woman's problem". Lol.
The sense of accomplishment is really beyond my description.
Everyone was really motivated throughout the journey; encouraging each other, having a splashing-fun time and singing songs at times.
I really like the bond between ODACians! (:

However, there were times when I got really fed up, especially during Day 2.
For not being able to paddle straight, for not being able to see the end-point after so many hours of paddling, for feeling very tired and having aches everywhere, for being a burden to my partner due to my poor skills.
At a point of time, I really hope I would lose my paddle so that I could get onto the power boat. Felt guilty la, as everyone was trying so hard and I actually wanted to give up & slack.
That's no ODAC spirit man! >:/
Fortunately, I had managed to overcome my frustration.
I kept on paddling, with my face looking in the water most of the time.
Then I would keep paddling and paddling, w/o knowing if we had gone off-track again.
This way, I would not be so disheartened when I see our kayak going zig-zag. Lol.
Allister was the one doing the stern rudder all those.
Thanks partner! You rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

THUMBS-UPs for: the companions, the planning of route, the high morale, our kayaking speed, BBQ session & our 8-men tent (for the 5 of us)!
THUMBS-DOWNs for: poor quality of kayak, messing up of logistics, disorganisation of manpower, handling of equipment & not doing sentry duties!

Hope that we can maintain our THUMBS-UPs & improve on our THUMBS-DOWNs.
More expeditions = more experienced = the better we are.
I look forward to more of that, after the Promos. Lol.

KUDOS to everyone who has made our first sea expedition a rather successful one.
Especially the Sea Chiefs, Food Com & Log Com!
Without you guys, my experience can never be so fulfilling and memorable! (:

(Ps. Sorry Mr Chin, for using up the batteries in your camera within half a day, which was supposed to last for like 2 days? =x)

Most of CLOSE FRIENDS went back to Swiss for Speech Day on 080807.
Too bad I didn't manage to go back due to CCA meeting.
I was just right outside of the school gate la, but I didn't step into the school compound.
SO NEAR YET SO FARRRRRRR! Lol.
Watched Secret @ Lot 1, starring Jay Chou, with Angela, Katherine, MeiHui, PeiYu, Vivian and HiaJing.
The others went to Ajisen.
Anyway it was nice & thrilling, although the front part was a bit slow-paced.
Met up after their lunch and our movie and took neoprints!
After which, a few of us went to HK Cafe for dinner. (Slurrrrrrrrrps!)
(Ps. Sorry, no photos taken! Forgotten about it. Lol.)
It was a day well-spent with Secondary School friends! (:

After the sea expedition, ODAC activities will start to tie down.
We will not be having any trainings/sessions during the weekends (unless neccessary).
This will leave me with more time to catch up with my studies.
JIAYOU TSG!
I often contradict myself when it comes to studies.
I feel that I have studied hard enough, but my results prove otherwise.
I feel that I haven't stretch to my limits, but I am not working hard & wise enough.
AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Am I just lazy or plain stupid?
Please tell me!!
Tell me what I can do to get my butt in 17/07 in 2008??!!
RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Okhey, enough of whining.
Time to do EoM Draft 2. T.T

No comments: