Does anyone remember Russell Lee? The guy who wrote the books, "Singapore true ghost stories" and such? The guy who has never shown his face to the world, for he always wraps himself up from head to toe for all his autograph sessions? Okay I met him at Causeway Point Popular just now. I (briefly) read his books when I was maybe eight or nine or ten. Surprised that the author is still maintaining his style - keeping his identity a suspense and all. Glad to see that kids nowadays still read and support his work. What's more heartwarming is that, three grown ups, in their thirties, presented him a customized cake and a rather nice hand drawn portrait of him during the autograph session. What a nice gesture. My brother commented that Russell Lee would be very touched to know that he has such supportive fans.
Sometimes little gesture or words of encouragement can spur someone on to continue to do his thing and even to make it better. I guess people have been selfish in giving positive feedback, even I am guilty of that. I wonder why we are able to praise and encourage kids so readily but not grown ups like ourselves, even though we acknowledge them in our hearts. Pride? Culture? I have no idea. But I do know that being appreciative can make someone's day. A smile or a simple 'thank you' can do the trick most of the time.
July's supposed to be my birthday month and I am supposed to feel happier. But the fact that I am still unemployed is weighing me down. Hmm hope I can get rid of this negative energy and may a good and desirable job come to me soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment