Sigh. Had a nasty fall last Thurs. Jumped and landed on my right ankle. I could hear my ankle went "crack crack crack" when I fell. Yikes. Torn 3 ligaments and broke some vessels which led to a swollen ankle, according to the Chinese physician. Have been seeing him three times already. One last session on the coming Wed night and 4 more days before my bandaged right foot can breathe some fresh air! Sigh really hate myself for being so clumsy.
Have been cooping myself at home, spamming movies on Funshion and taking lots of nap. Just hope my ankle can recover faster. Many end-of-year activities have been planned and I really don't wanna miss out on them! Gonna be a good girl and stay at home and get plenty of rest. Heh.
My mum kinda threw a bomb on me just now. She suddenly commented that I shouldn't have spent so much for the Korea exchange. Like ...?!? My parents met up with their insurance agent before that and they were talking about returning the bank loan for the agent's university education. I guess it kinda hit my parents that they were supposed to pay the bank $20,000+ for my school fees next year. I was angry when my mum said that initially. Then I got scared and guilty. Maybe my family isn't doing as well as I thought. Maybe I have been spending toooo much. All the thoughts of not having enough $$ to sustain our living kicked in. Then when I was alone with my dad in the car, I asked him if he had enough money to repay for the study loan. He reassured me and told me not to listen to my mum.
Sighhhh I don't know. On one hand, I felt relieved and I trusted my dad's words. On the other, I felt that I was not doing enough, as a daughter. I don't know how to put my feelings and thoughts in words, but the incident tonight struck me, hard. I guess I should be more active in seeking for my future career. And I should at least find a part time job to earn my own pocket money since my curriculum is not that heavy in my final year ('cos fewer school days per week). Sighhh I only cared about myself and thought that everything will turn out alright blah blah blah. It's like a wake-up call for me literally. Alright I promise to do up my resume tomorrow and start applying for part time jobs soon. If worse come to worse, I might just take up a job at the shops in CWP next year!
Time to sit down and think about your future, TSG.
No comments:
Post a Comment