Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yay exams are finally over! Can sleep in peace at night, w/o having to wake up to more mugging the next day! Shall not care or comment on how I did for my papers; it's overrrrrrrrr anyway!

First few days after exams were spent shopping for our friends' 21st gifts, chillax with the econs clique and visiting granny in hospital. Today I'll be going for 2 birthday parties back-to-back. Busy busy!

Saw my student's SA1 results. When she replied "Not gd" to my sms a few days ago, I knew something bad was coming. At some point, I really hoped that she was just kidding or she wanted to surprise me. Hmm. She passed all subjects except math. But her math score was rather far off from a pass. Quite disappointed with myself actually. I think I put in more effort in teaching her than her sis 2 years ago. Was feeling demoralized after giving her tuition just now. She can actually do it one, but she tends to under-perform during exams. I really hope she can at least pass her math... Feel so helpless. Sigh.

Grandma's in hospital. ): ): ): She has been diagnosed with a stomach cancer. It's the bad kind of tumor (suddenly cannot recall the term). It consumes red blood cells in the body. But really really fortunately, it has not spread. Now grandma's waiting for detailed reports, scans/scopes and schedule for an operation. Really really hope that everything will go on smoothly, the op will be a success and grandma can be discharged from hospital healthy. I need strength and hope from The Ones Above...

Just received the news that my sis got into an accident again. ): ): ): This time she knocked into a bus. Luckily no one was hurt. But the front part of the car was damaged rather badly, just like the previous time. Hmm, dad was very, very frustrated. Sigh...

A lot of things (bad ones in fact) happened recently. Feeling rather vexed now. Not that I'm complaining that I can't really enjoy after exams... Just hoping for a better tmr!

No comments: