I've managed to survive the Famine Camp!
3 Cheerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs! (: Lol.
Actually throughout the whole camp, I don't really feel that hungry.
I just felt lethargic during the second day.
But it was all for a good cause!
YOUR TIME, THEIR LIVES!
Day 1
Met up with Katherine @ CausewayPoint for breakfast @ Mac. Lol.
We sure had our fill before the camp started!
Then went to Republic Poly with Jacqueline, Katherine, SooLin and Katherine's classmates.
We got ourselves registered at the booths there and were assigned to our nations.
It was soooooooooooooo unfair la!
I'm like the only J1 in AJC in Bangladesh la! =/

So throughout the 2 days, I hang around with Grace from YJC. (:
Anyway, we had to wear the tee provided for the 2 days.
The design is quite nice and we each had 2 tees - white & black in colour.

Front & back!
Before the fast started, we went to the canteen for some food.

We were soon chased into the audition for the opening ceremony.
There, we took some pictures AGAIN. Lol.

The Fast started exactly at 2pm!

Then, we got into our nations respectively.
There we settled some admin stuff.
After that, we were to play this game till 730pm.
We were supposed to be either the child or adult of the nation and to earn money through legal or illegal ways, get water & food supplies by completing various tasks, seek for treatment if necessary, get educated and stuff.
It was quite fun as the campers were seen scattering around RP.

This is the "poster" for Prostitution. LOL!
I had tried to become an Organ Dealer and a Drug Dealer. -.-
The activities at night were more of evaluative and reflective kind.
We had talks on HIV/AIDS & poverty and a child & his mother from Cambodia came to share with us their life stories.
We also had a sharing session.
Everyone got quite emotional then, I guess.
Lights out at 1am on Day 1.
Day 2
Woke up at around 530am.
Washed up and went for the morning workout.
Many of them chose to go to the Sunday Worship instead.
After that, we headed to Tampiness to do our newspapers collection.
My newly-formed group consisted of mainly AJCians (3 J2s and me) and YJCians. Lol.
It was my first time collecting newspaper!
The experience was great.
Some residents there were like expecting us and they were considerate enough to bundle all those stuff neatly for collection.
THANKS. (:
Our group was fast as we completed 5 blocks of flat in 2 hours' time.
So we spent almost another 2 hours waiting for the truck to load all the stuff before heading back to RP!
Meanwhile, I read some newspapers & magazines and slept! Lol.
Most of my group mates played poker cards!
(Ps. Surprisingly, I didn't join in. Lol! I guess I was sleepy then.)
We got back to RP at 4pm plus and rotted (as in sat in the hall and waited) till 5pm plus.
After that, we were brought into the audi again (where we assembled before the fast began) for some concert.
There were performance by a famous breakdance group, RP's very own choir and EIC!
EIC consists of 2 guys, singing and playing the acoustic guitars.
They are the man, seriously!
Their first album will be out this October. COOL!

Anyway, the whole thing lasted for 2 hours and soon, we broke fast at 8pm sharp!
They had Burger King burgers waiting for us then!

FIRST BITE OF FOOOOOOOOOOOOD AFTER 30 HOURS! (: (: (:
Jacqueline, SooLin and I headed to CausewayPoint and had Pastamania for dinner.
Katherine went to Lot 1 for her TAKO balls.
YUM YUM!
After that, HOME SWEET HOME!
The Famine Camp turned out to be better than what I had expected.
I thought it was only about having many talks and starving us and that's it.
Instead, I got to know what World Vision Organisation is.
The experience was enriching and what I did for the 2 days actually benefited the people in the 3rd world countries.
I went for the camp for the 24 CIP hours & to diet initially.
But I realised that the time I had sacrificed to go for the camp had actually made a difference in other people's lives.
Studying for common tests may be important, but this is much more meaningful, I guess.
I will want to join the Famine Camp 2008 if the situation allows. (:
Alright, so much for the Famine Camp.
Back to MUGGING again.
I have not been productive (for my revision) these few days.
I must really settle down and chiong all the way!
There are only FOUR more days left!
I shan't waste any more time!
JIAYOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment