Thursday, July 05, 2012

Here I am, for the first time, blogging in a foreign land! :D

It has been a week since I am here in Korea. Actually it feels like I am in Singapore, minus my family, my friends, my room, my bed, my desk... You get the drift. Partly becos I have been sticking around with Khaiting, that's why there is still this homely feel.

I kinda like living in Korea actually; I can totally imagine myself staying here for long! I really like how "hilly" the streets here are. Walking on the streets is like hiking alr! Seriously, I seldom see overweight people around. Most of the girls' thighs look so toned as well (okay, I know I observe the weirdest stuff)! And I really like Korean food! It has been a week and I am totally not sick of the food yet! Keep craving for it in fact! (: Although one meal costs around the same in Singapore, the portion is quite big and it comes with a couple of side dishes. Definitely filling and worth the money! The locals are nice and friendly too! Esp when we asked for directions, they even directed and walked with us to the place! But sadly, most of them don't speak English, even the people in school. And it really sucks when you wanna converse with them but you can't speak their language and they can't speak yours. It is also really hard to get around if you don't know how to read or write Korean. Everything here is in Korean; the menu, the Internet, the banners, the road signs, etc! Most of the time, we two just point here and there, or try to figure out stuff by ourselves. Hmm I doubt I would have the opportunity to stay in Korea for such a long period of time again. I guess I gotta make the best out of it! And I really, really hope to get to know some locals here! ><


Classes just started yesterday. Law and econ is rather interesting and I like the prof. Khaiting and a few other econ friends are in the cls as well, so I am really glad for it. Not sure of the cls I would be assigned to for beginner Korean. Quite scared as I am taking it alone later! >< Whatever, time to be independent!

To be honest, I miss NTU. Haha. I miss my friends. The entire summer school here is flooded with ABK (American borned Koreans) and people from the U.S. I have nothing against them seriously but I think I just can't fit into their culture. I get kinda intimidated by them actually. /: It doesn't feel like I am studying in Korea. Hmm. Alright, I should quit whining. I hope those negative thoughts will go away. I should be more open to people and things around me I guess. You can do it, TSG! 

Alright, some pics to spice things up. Till then! :D





No comments: