除夕 : As usual - Reunion dinner at (maternal) Gram's.
Clad in a simple red tee shirt (to get into the CNY mood mah).
Quite sad, didn't manage to take pictures with other cuzzies 'cause we all don't usually camwhore. (maybe except for my bro. lol.)
We had BBQ (a new add-on this yr!) and steamboat for dinner.
捞鱼生after dinner and as usual, the whole table was in a mess. Lol.
A pity we didn't take any pics, just busy 捞and 捞and 捞.
After which was mahjong at my house!
With dad, 二舅, bro and sis.
I played a few rounds and passed the baton to my dad.
And he helped me won some money! (small money though 'cause we played a few cents per round only)
Slept at around 2am after counting down and stuff.
初一 : House-visiting (luckily this year only 3 places)
And the day where my period came. -.- Totally WTH. Haha.
All the way till 1am again.
Mahjong is definitely addictive!!
初二 : Paternal relatives came over in the afternoon.
Sadly no photos taken as we were not very close. Hmm.
But I think it was better this year cos we talked to our cousins more? x:
After that we were supposed to go over to 三叔's but I wasn't in the mood due to my ahem.
So the three of us were quite anti-social and stayed at home.
But in the evening, my (maternal) cousins came over!
And we mahjong-ed again until 10pm (cos we have sch and work, aye).
That's all for 2009 CNY.
Not very eventful uh, and the atmosphere is not quite there.
Nevertheless, had fun playing mahjong and enjoying the break!
Back to work on Wed and I was quite reluctant.
Not in the mood.
Work is dull and mundane and you don't get to talk and joke and play around with your friends like when you are in school.
But Friday was much more eventful.
First when I got to work that morning, I was so freaking lucky to have a seat in the squeezey train after standing all the way to Tiong Bahru for a month or so!
Okay then I saw this pregnant lady (I bet it's 6 months' due already) entering at Yew Tee with her friend.
I was kind enough (hehehehehe) to offer her a seat and you know what!!!
An uncle (who was standing in between me and the pregnant lady) went to sit!!!
Totally WTH!
The pregnant lady, her friend and I were like smiling awkwardly at each other.
And the funny thing is the pregnant lady even commented that, "没关系,站着对孕妇比较好."
Okay, that made the situation more awkward? Haha.
Luckily there was a gentleman (another uncle) who was kind enough to give up his seat.
Can you actually believe that such people existed?!?!
Okay la, maybe he didn't see the pregnant lady. Forget it, I shall not be so extreme. Hee.
Then after work, got to know this uncle (wahahaha) Thomas Lim.
(PS.: Joo, he is the guy I wanted to intro you to work for a few weeks ago.)
Can say that he is my first person whom I talked a lot to (other than my colleague Rheina) in the company after working for a month.
Other than him I only talked to Jacelyn, Adrian, Yanti and Annie, and normally for work.
He was kind enough to offer me a car ride to City Hall.
But sadly, there was this Chingay thing and we were kinda caught in the traffic for 30 minutes!
Throughout the trip, he was joking and laming and all! Nice and funny person.
Totally cannot believe he is 30++ already! Hahaha.
Thanks for the ride Uncle Thomas (hahaha), if you happen to chance upon my blog.
Okay less than 1 month to go and I'm out of my job.
Feeling quite reluctant though...
I just got familiarised with the job (though I don't really like it) and the people there. Sigh.
Whatever it is, I'll have to go......
Okay drop the subject.
In the next post, I'll be posting my workplace.
Nothing to do on Friday so I just took some pics of office. Haha.
Till then!
No comments:
Post a Comment